Big Data KC Job Opportunities
Manager of Machine Learning Scientist
The Global Insight Group is comprised of DST’s UK Group, a leading UK-based customer engagement agency as well as the Global Development organization.
The Development & Data Science arm of GIG provides a centralized information system for statistical analysis, machine learning, and distributed computing to service business needs throughout the rest of DST’s business units.
We are currently seeking a Manager of Machine Learning Scientists to work in KC MO.
Responsibilities to include:
- Manage Machine Learning Scientist team, hiring, mentoring, and coaching across GIG division
- Cross functional work with Business units, Development and Data Scientist teams to simulate and test econometric / probabilistic relationships across the big data stack
- Translate learning’s from data insights into system concepts and computer algorithms that form core analytic products, which increase the effectiveness of real-time delivery of DST information systems to end users and clients
- Build, analyze and troubleshoot our proprietary targeting system to optimize revenue across multiple business lines
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field (Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering)
- Minimum 2+ years industry experience maintaining a code base written in a high-level object-oriented language
- Formal studies or industry experience in distributed computing (e.g. MapReduce, Hadoop, AWS, DHTs, etc)
- Industry experience will include working with very large datasets
- Familiarity with parallel programming or parallel algorithms development
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts, data mining, knowledge discovery, and information retrieval (NLP & Semantic Analysis)
- Strong background in Math, Statistics, and Engineering concepts
- Experience with Graph Analysis, Recommender Systems (Collaborative Filtering), and probabilistic algorithms a plus
How to apply: Go to http://www.dstsystems.com/careers/careers-at-dst.html and search openings using Brass Ring Auto Req ID number 16487 OR contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Kansas City, MO
BIME is a pioneer in true cloud-based business intelligence.
Cloud. It's in our DNA. Born in the cloud, built for the cloud.
BIME turns the entire web into a seamlessly connected data warehouse. A pay-as-you-go, Software-as-a-Service, solution that runs in any browser or mobile device. Code by code, we’re changing the (data) world.
Companies of all sizes and vertical markets use our platform, from Fortune 500 companies, to all levels of government, to the tiniest of SMBs. Founded in Europe in 2009, and recognized as the #1 French startup in 2011, BIME is on a rocketing growth curve. On October 31, 2013 BIME announced the launch of a new USA headquarters to be located in the trendy / high-tech Crossroads Arts District of Kansas City.
We’re hiring salespeople... now. Be a part of something great.
• Develop high-level user expertise of the BIME platform
• Manage and leverage leads from company web marketing campaigns
• Personally create new leads from strategic prospecting initiatives
• Incorporate CRM (Salesforce) into your everyday routine
• Identify customer needs, objectives, goals, business drivers, and organizational structure
• Instinctively qualify leads and opportunities
• Work opportunities thru a funnel management process
• Accurate forecasting and reporting of deal status
• Ensure product adoption and success
• Develop reference customers
• Leverage business from new and existing clients
• Participate in team-building and company-growth activities
Desired Skills & Expertise
• 3+ years of technology sales experience
• Proven track record of sales success in a fast-paced environment
• Fantastic oral and written communication skills
• Very interested in and at ease with new technologies
• Bright, ambitious, competitive, and results-oriented
• Bachelors degree required
Inquiries and resumes can be sent to email@example.com.